Friday, March 30, 2012

Joining Jesus

"I love you, O Lord, my strength, O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer."
Psalm 18:2

"But the Lord is with me, like a mighty champion."
Jeremiah 20:11

I couldn't choose between these two readings today so I chose both! They both reflect so much of what I have experienced when going through a difficult time. No matter what the circumstances, there was God, in the midst, holding my right hand. I may not have recognized God at first and I may have felt fairly alone for a time, but eventually I realized God was there and I was never alone. In our Wisdom Gathering last weekend, reflecting on Transformation, Sr. Maureen spoke of times in our lives when we may be led to transformation. I won't talk about all five today, but one: in times of suffering. She reflected on our times of suffering and explained that it is very transforming when we realize God is present with us in our suffering. We are transformed by the fact that, no matter what we go through, our suffering never goes unnoticed by God and in fact, God cries when we cry. That is a beautiful thought as we begin Holy Week, isn't it? Let's think about God joining in our suffering as we begin to walk the journey to Calvary and join with Jesus in his suffering. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment