Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Learn the lesson!

"Beloved: Clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for God opposes the proud but bestows favor on the humble."
1 Peter 5:5

The older I get, the less I know. I could embroider this on a pillow, if I knew how to embroider! I thought I knew everything when I was a teenager (like they all do) but, it seems with age, I am moving in the opposite direction...I know less and less. So, you'd think humility would come naturally, wouldn't you? Not necessarily. In my dealings with people over my many years of work, I find I get so impatient with people and there are some people who really grind my gears. And this is when I need to pull out this scripture from Peter. Looking back, the times of difficulty have eased considerably once I realize that I am part of the problem. It is then I need to step back, reassess, and ask God what I am to learn in this situation. And then God winks at me. Chances are good that it is a humility lesson. Will I learn it this time? Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment