Friday, June 22, 2012

Pray constantly!

"Prayer ought never to be separated and strained clean from what is happening in the rest of our life."
Sr. Joyce Rupp, "Prayer"
 
Sr Joyce quotes another author, Margaret Silf who says, "If we don't meet God in the everyday, we won't meet God at all." (from the book, "Companions of Christ") The other day I was standing on the porch of a new client and I was nervous and anxious. I'm not sure why, exactly, but this was going to be a challenging situation and I had butterflies. As I waited for someone to come to the door, I prayed that the appointment would go well. The appointment went beautifully. The question is: would I be telling you this if the appointment had not gone well? Certainly! Because if it had not gone well, God would have still answered my prayer. God would have given me all I needed to confront even a difficult situation. And I know that because God always has! God is part of my day from minute to minute, second to second. When I think of prayer, I think of my constant conversation going on in my head all day. (Poor God--having to listen to all that!) Anyway, speaking of prayer, I will be at blind camp all next week, so there won't be any Heidi-Grams. We would appreciate your prayers for the camp, which is always, very much, a spiritual event! Blessings to you and yours, and I will see you in July! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment