Monday, December 10, 2012

Now!

"Jesus does not ask us to wait until later, until the end, for help and healing. Hope is the good news of transforming grace now."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

I have never been a good wait-er (i.e. person who waits). When I was a kid, the anticipation of Christmas was almost too much for me! My mom always had an Advent calendar for me to open each little window to mark off the time until Christmas. And by Christmas I was usually so worked up I'd get sick and miss much of the festivities. So, thus, I am not a good wait-er. It is a relief to me, then, to read that Jesus isn't making me wait until the end of time or until my own death or until tomorrow even. Jesus wants to live fully in my heart right NOW! And, just like the feeble wait-er that I am, I refuse to wait a second longer! Jesus, come alive in my heart today! Look out of my eyes and see what I need to do in this space, in this time, to help you today. Walk in my shoes and guide me to who needs a bit of you today. Speak with my voice to say whatever someone may need to hear. I love you, Jesus, and I want you now! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment