Friday, December 14, 2012

Prayer-feel the love!

"The most precious moments of prayer consist in letting ourselves be loved by the Lord."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

I had something completely different to write about today, but, when I read this I completely changed gears. Just sitting and basking in the love of God is one of the most powerful and beautiful experiences I've had in the last several years. And it was relatively new to me. I previous thought prayer was about me talking to God...and talking...and talking! Kind of like I do with humans! But a real change occurred when I began learning silent/centering/contemplative prayer. I began to try to listen to the still, small voice of God. My prayer can still get so cluttered with intentions, but I always try to give equal time to just silent stillness. I try to turn off my head and listen with my heart. What's that? A tiny little whisper of love and peacefulness. The love of God can be overwhelming and yet, so quiet. In the hustle and bustle that is life this weekend, let's still ourselves and just revel in God's love! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment