Thursday, May 23, 2013

Adding sin upon sin...

"Of forgiveness be not overconfident, adding sin upon sin."
Sirach 5:5

This really made me think this morning. There is a fine line between appreciating God's infinite mercy and taking advantage of it. I thought about the times I go into Reconciliation with the same ol' sins, time after time. I flashed back to the sister who gave a talk at the Fire Rally who said her priest finally asked her what was she doing to actually change the behavior she was confessing each time. It's one thing to faithfully go to Reconciliation, it's another thing to sincerely try to change our attitudes and behavior! I think, the closer I get to God and the deeper the relationship I have with God, the more sincerely I want to be the person God knows I am. It's less about going through the motions of confessing my sins and more about wanting to be a better person. It's less about taking advantage of God's mercy and more about behaving better because I just love God. Wow. Deep thoughts to ponder! Blessings on your Thursday! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment