Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Refuge in distress...

"The salvation of the just is from the Lord, their refuge in time of distress.
The Lord helps and rescues them, rescues and saves them...because in God they take refuge."
Psalm 37:39-40

There I was, enjoying a multi-sensory experience in my backyard this morning. The lilacs are in full-bloom and smell like an expensive perfume. The sun was just rising, illuminating the trees. And there were a variety of birds, singing their morning song, in my neighbor's towering pine tree. It was bliss. And yet, my mind and heart were in Oklahoma. I've never been there, but the devastation from the storms is heart-breaking. Those folks aren't waking up to a beautiful morning today at all. My prayers are with them, especially the families who have lost loved ones. It's a sad and difficult day for our Oklahoma brothers and sisters. May God cradle them, comfort them, and begins to heal their sadness. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment