Friday, June 14, 2013

Our sacred earthen vessels...

"We hold a treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing power may be of God and not from us."
2 Corinthians 4:7

My vessel is so very earthen!  I am very much of the earth...oh so human. I get frustrated driving, I get irritated when others don't see things the way I do, I enjoy a juicy bit of gossip as much as the next guy. Oh, so earthen am I! But what of the Treasure I hold in my earthen vessel? That Treasure is the very nature and Spirit of God! Not for anything I have done or am, but only due to the greatness of God. God, in love, has gifted all of us to carry Love in our earthen vessels. But that Love cannot be contained, it must be spread around and shared with others. It's way too easy for us to get wrapped up in our earthen-ness and lose sight of the immense Treasure we hold. We need to realize that BOTH the Treasure and the vessel are God-given, even though we may call our vessels up short. This weekend, let's ponder how our earthen-ness is as God-given as the Treasure we hold. Both are tremendous gifts from God. Let's be kind to ourselves! And blessings to all fathers! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment