Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Be content!

"Be it little or much, be content with what you have..."
Sirach 29:23
 
Let this be my prayer today as I turn off the Amazon One-click purchasing feature!  Seriously, why is it so hard for us to be satisfied with what we have? I blame my Depression-era mother, who never could have enough clothes after being forced to share one good dress with her aunt during the 30's. But, at the end of her life, my mom didn't have much and yet, didn't lack anything.  That is such an important lesson for all of us!  This week let us take stock in the abundance we have and give what we are not using away to others who could use it.  Let us be so grateful and appreciative of all we have. Let our desire to want more make us stop and think of what we actually need and go with that.  Blessings on your autumn Wednesday!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment