Monday, September 23, 2013

The gift of Autumn

"As you, O Autumn, take pleasure in great bounty, let me also take delight in the abundance of simple things in life that are the true source of joy. With the golden glow of peaceful contentment may I truly appreciate this autumn day."
Fr. Ed Hays, "A Book of Wonders"

Yes, indeed!  Yesterday I had a Silent Sunday and greatly enjoyed the simple pleasures that Fr. Ed talks about in this reading.  The day was chilly; the tea kettle was on.  While I was walking Tebow in the nippy fall air, all I could think to say to God was "Thanks..."  Thanks, from the bottom of my heart...for everything.  The changing seasons are such a wonderful time for us to appreciate God's work in nature, as well as in our own hearts.  The turning leaves can make me a little anxious about what follows the autumn, but, no matter...God will be there with me then, too. Blessings on your Autumn Monday! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment