Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Repotted and renewed!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
Proverbs 17:22
 
A couple of months ago, I got a wild hair and repotted all my houseplants.  They were sad affairs, many as old as ten years, without new soil or fertilizer or anything.  (Shameful, I know, but I wasn't one of the Flower Shop Gainans, remember!) So I replanted them in roomy new pots, with rich soil and I even fertilized them.  Within a short time I noticed new growth! They are now thriving, new shoots and smiling new leaves everywhere! In pondering this and my retreat at the Hermitage last month, I realize that was what happened to me, too.  I was repotted in rich new soil in a comfy new pot and I am growing more spiritually by the day. The silence, the beautiful high desert views, the shy neighboring deer family, the daily prayer and spiritual reading all gave me just what I needed to grow and thrive...just like a new pot and yummy new dirt.  If anyone would like information on Marymount Hermitage, here is the link to their webpage:   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment