Monday, May 19, 2014

God's love

"Jesus answered and said to him, 'Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.'"
John 14:23
 
This morning on "Pray-as-you-go" the question was asked, "What are my experiences of God's love for me?"  I certainly didn't have to think too far back.  Yesterday, as I was driving out of Helena, I recognized the warmest sensation of feeling loved.  I felt so loved, in fact, it was almost overwhelming.  The wonderful time with dear loved ones just filled me to overflowing.  I knew that the love was expressed by my friends, but I also know that the ultimate Source of that love is God.  It was God's love coming to me through my Helena peeps.  The weekend before it was my own family who showered God's love on me.  It was their arms hugging me, but the ultimate Source of the love was God again.  God is the Source of all love in my life.  When I feel enveloped in the love of humans, God is still the Source.  So, I invite you to think about how you feel God's love in your day.  Is it in nature? God's love is vividly on display in nature--especially this time of year!  Anyway, give it a think.  It's enlightening to ponder.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment