Friday, May 23, 2014

God equips the called...

"It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain."
John 15:16
 
One of the most powerful lessons I am learning lately is that God gives us what we need when God calls us to do something.  God equips the called, in other words.  I am seeing it powerfully in my own situation and I can read about how it happens to all those who answer God's call.  God's call may surprise us, initially, because we don't feel confident in our own abilities.  The old, "Here I am, Lord, chose someone else!" But, when we receive a call from God our job is to trust that God will provide whatever we will need to answer.  Think of Mary...the young girl who hears the angel's words that she will give birth to the Savior.  Mary responded, Yes, then she showed tremendous faith and trust that, somehow, God will provide all she needed to live up to her Yes.  Today, as we hear and accept God's call to us, let us remember that we may not feel equipped right off the bat.  We may feel others are better suited for that call.  But, God calls AND gives us all we need to do it!  Blessings on your holiday weekend! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment