Thursday, July 3, 2014

I believe! No, wait! I think I believe!

"Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nail marks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."
John 20:25
 
Thomas is one of those fellows who says out loud what the rest of us may be thinking but don't have the guts to say.  What the other apostles were telling him--that Jesus was alive and walking around--was a tall tale.  I, for one, don't blame him for being a skeptic because I can be one too.  But Jesus, as with Thomas, showed himself to me, invited me to come sit with him, calmed my fears, and revealed himself to me in the breaking of bread. I cannot count myself among those who believe though they have not seen.  I have seen.  And I do believe. And, Lord, please help my unbelief! 
Blessings and prayers for your 4th of July weekend, Friends!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment