Monday, July 7, 2014

Lead me to the desert!

"I will allure her;
I will lead her into the desert and speak to her heart."
Hosea 2:16
 
I believe this happens every time I go off on retreat--especially to the Hermitage.   My question this morning is:  Is God speaking more to me when I am off on retreat or is it that I'm listening better? Maybe a bit of both, truth be told.  God has a captive audience in me when I am unplugged from chores, phone, and computer.  I am so much more open to listening, hearing, just experiencing God in everything around me.  Why can't I seem to get that tuned in while at home?  It is definitely harder to unplug while at home.  The computer beckons me with new email as I walk by.  There are clothes in the dryer crying out for me to fold them.  The dogs need a walk. Not to mention the new July offerings on Netflix!  Oh my! Lord, please help me to unplug myself from the world, even while at home.  I need you to lure me into my own backyard and speak to my heart in the stillness of a summer morning.  I need help to listen to your whisper while still in the midst of my life!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment