Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Jesus is calling...

"Jesus summoned his Twelve disciples and gave them authority..."
Matthew 10:1
 
On Pray-As-You-Go this morning, they talk about Jesus naming the disciples--calling them by name.  We were asked to think about what that would be like, to hear Jesus calling us by name. I thought about it for a bit and realized that I often imagine Jesus calling me "Little One," and I really like that.  Now, I sit and imagine Jesus calling me to do something.  Yesterday's prayer "Jesus, what do you need? What do you want? What would you do?" was very powerful to me and I could feel myself changing the course of my day to be a little more other-centered because of it.  It's a good start!  So today, I can imagine Jesus calling me and asking me to step out of myself again.  What can I do to put aside my own Heidi-centered agenda and help someone else today?  "Little One, come and help me..."  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment