Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What do you need, Jesus?

"The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few..."
Matthew 9:38
 
It is just way too easy to cast this off as a call for clergy!  We could easily say, "Oh that doesn't mean ME! I already have my vocation!"  Too easy!  The fact is, we are all called to serve in the fields of God.  But how?  I really like this prayer I read just last night.  A person in Spiritual Direction prayed to Jesus, "What do you need? What do you want? What would you do?" (Spiritual Direction--Beyond the Beginnings, by Janet K. Ruffing, RSM)  Isn't that a neat prayer?  God needs you and me working in the fields, teaching people about Jesus through our loving actions. Just how are we to do that, this summer Tuesday?  A good start is this lovely prayer..."What do you need, Jesus? What do you want? What would you do?"  Then, let's do it!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment