Thursday, July 10, 2014

God moments

"Positive experiences are moments in which a sacramental sensibility seems to overtake us, so that God's presence, light, love, and glory shine through them."
Janet K. Ruffing, RSM, "Spiritual Direction--Beyond the Beginnings"
 
We probably became more aware of these moments after Cursillo, when we'd be asked to reflect on our Closest Moment to Christ from the previous week. Our awareness of these moments is the key--they probably occur all the time but we just may miss them.  I was walking the dog last night and there were fabulous storm clouds brewing in the west.  The sun was casting light down through the clouds creating an awesome picture.  I had new tunes on my mp3 player and the whole deal--the song, the picture of God shining right through the clouds, even the fact that Tebow walks so well on a leash, just moved me to tears.  I couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't stop the tears either.  The moment, frozen in time, just spoke to me of God's closeness to me and also God's tender love.  God was saying to me, "Here I am...I'm here for you!  Let's enjoy this summer evening!"  Today, let's be especially aware of these God moments in our day.  Maybe we can just stop what we're doing, tune into God and just say Thanks!  Thanks for a summer Thursday!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment