Friday, February 13, 2015

Be opened!

"Jesus took him off by himself, away from the crowds...then Jesus looked up to heaven and groaned, and said to him, 'Ephphatha!' (that is, 'Be opened!')"
Mark 7:33-34
 
Two things jumped out at me when I read this Gospel this morning.  First, the fact that Jesus took the man off alone, away from the crowds.  That certainly is when I can hear Jesus better, too!  When I have a Silent Sunday or am off in the desert, my ears are definitely more tuned in to the Jesus channel.  He comes through loud and clear, the more unplugged I am.  That is when I hear Jesus say to my heart and mind, "Be opened!  Be open to those around you who need you.  Especially those whom you may find difficult--they are the ones who teach you the most!" So, as we celebrate a three-day weekend, today, let's carve out some time and allow Jesus to take us away from the crowds at the mall or wherever.  Let us allow Jesus to open our ears, hearts and minds to what he wants us to hear.  And let's pray for the Men's Cursillo beginning this evening in Idaho Falls!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment