Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The moon and the stars...

"When I behold your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you set in place..."
Psalm 8:4
 
Thanks be to God I have a dog that drags me out for a walk every night!  We go through the same song and dance every night.  I hem and haw; he drives me nuts. I resist; he continues to drive me nuts. Finally, realizing I will have no peace, I relent.  The minute we are out the door I'm grateful.  Last night the stars were particularly vivid and beautiful.  I was so awed by the glory of God my walk was my favorite prayer of the day.  The Genesis readings, we have this week, remind us of the vastness of God, but also the tenderness and love of God. The next line of this Psalm is, "What are humans that you are mindful of them, mere mortals that you care for them?" (v. 5) And yet, God cares for us infinitely more than the rest of creation;  giving us dominion over the rest of creation. When we look around and really see the glory of creation it is hard to believe we are loved even more.  If there is any way possible for us to get out and enjoy a bit of a winter evening, let's bundle up and get out there.  It's a show much grander than TV, trust me!  And let's imagine the fingers of God putting it all into place. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment