Monday, February 9, 2015

What needs healing?

"They scurried about the surrounding country and began to bring in the sick on mats to wherever they heard Jesus was..."
Mark 6:55
 
One of the reflections I read on this Gospel today called for us to think what about us needs Jesus' healing today.  What will we bring to Jesus and ask him to heal?  Do we need a physical healing? Or perhaps a healing of temper, or an old grudge or laziness? Whatever "illness" we bring to Jesus today for healing, we can trust that God hears us.  We may not notice an immediate healing, but it may be more like the slow changing of the autumn leaves.  I feel, for me, I have been attending the "Trusting God" school these last several months.  I've also been trying to listen to the still, small voice of God, which is often hard to make out in the noisy din of my head.  And then, what about when God seems to be saying something mysterious or surprising? What then?  Dearest God, please help me to hear your voice, even amid the crowded voices I hear all day.  Help me to trust you, when it seems as though you aren't saying what I expect you to say.  I believe that you know and want what is best for me to do your will.  Are you there? Are you sure? Please help me to hear and trust you! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment