Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Listen for the Shepherd!

"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
John 10:27
 
This morning, on Pray-As-you-Go, we were asked to anticipate the voices we may hear on our Tuesday.  Sit with those anticipated voices and listen carefully for the voice of our Shepherd, Jesus.  This was a wonderful exercise for me, as I can imagine some challenging voices in my day.  In the midst of those many voices, can I hear the voice of Jesus helping me deal with the challenging voices?  If I am still and quiet enough, I can!  Jesus gives me exactly what I need to embark on the day ahead.  Today, let's think about all the people we will encounter as we move through our day.  Some of the voices we hear may be comforting, encouraging, challenging, irritating, or all of the above.  Can we also listen for the voice of our loving Shepherd?  What is he saying to us?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment