Monday, April 27, 2015

Abundant life!

"I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly."
John 10:10
 
The older I get, the more I realize that this abundance Jesus is talking about is not an abundance of material wealth. It is more of an abundance within us...specifically, an abundance of gratitude for the tiniest of gifts.  Life is so much richer for us if we can see and appreciate the tiny, yet miraculous, gifts God puts in our day.  Much of yesterday was dreary, cool and damp; not the kind of day that gets me rejoicing! But I looked out the window and noticed a fat little robin in the yard and realized that, despite the momentary gloomy weather, it is still spring.  And I was so grateful! The abundance Jesus is talking about here is  an abundance of gratitude and appreciation for every living thing--from a fat little robin to the dearest of friends. Jesus came so we can see and appreciate the glory of God in everything and everyone around us. And that, gives us an abundance of wealth!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment