Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Comfort in the clouds...

"Show forth, O God, your power, the power, O God, with which you took our part."
Psalm 68
 
Author Frank McCourt (Angela's Ashes) often refers to clouds in his head and heart when things sadden him.  I can totally relate to the clouds this Wednesday morning.  For one thing, we are on Day Four of gloomy, cloudy, rainy weather (yes, we do need the moisture, but, still...)  Also, the clouds outside remind me of those who are suffering all around me.  A family I know in Montana lost their young adult son to cancer last weekend.  Heartbreaking.  The tragic, devastating loss in Nepal is overwhelming. My learning curve in my job and other pursuits seems a bit askew (in other words, I'm not doing stuff right). Clouds, and more clouds.  Our homily Saturday night reminded us that God is in a cloud, though.  God appeared to Moses and the Israelites in a cloud.  Jesus went up to heaven on Ascension in a cloud.  There are good clouds, too...the clouds with God in them.  I guess that's a relief!  Today, let us try to see God in the clouds, not just the perceived gloom of the clouds.  Let's let the clouds remind us to pray for those who are going through difficult times this day.  Let's pray for comfort in the clouds, for others.  Love, heidi 

No comments:

Post a Comment