Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The mystery of heaven...

"When they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but they are like angels in heaven."
Mark 12:25
 
I've been asked, many times, what I think heaven will be like.  As I get older, I realize I am more and more comfortable with the mystery of heaven and have no need to figure it out or know what's going to happen there.  As much as I usually like to have things planned and figured out ahead of time, heaven is one topic I can allow to just be a mystery. I am happy just believing that I will be with God.  And that is plenty for me to get excited about!  I also remember that Jesus talked about the Kingdom of God right here on earth and that intrigues me.  I don't have to die to experience the Kingdom.  God is here among us; I just need to keep my mind, heart and eyes open.  Heaven is a mystery I can live with, very happily.  But, I don't want to miss the Jesus present here and now, waiting for another opportunity to be with God later.  So, what will heaven be like?  Heaven will be like a beautiful, early June Wednesday, hanging out with Jesus.  Blessings on your heaven today!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment