Friday, September 18, 2015

Stuff

"For we brought nothing into the world, just as we shall not be able to take anything out of it."
1 Timothy 6:7

I still have my mother's stuff.  I mean, I have furniture that was hers, old photo albums with grainy old pictures of unsmiling faces I can't identify. I have boxes of mysterious bits and bobs of old jewelry that belonged to someone ages ago.  She got to leave it all behind when she died fifteen years ago this month and now I have it.  I suppose, when I die, some of these things will end up in my kids' homes and the grainy old photos will be even more unfamiliar.  Who ARE these people and why don't they ever seem to smile?  I've said it before and I'll say it again, stuff can be so burdensome! My only hope is that, when it is my turn to go Home to heaven, my kids won't come in and say in dismay, "Oh, look at all this stuff!"  Lord, I'm asking you today to help me detach from stuff!  I always hear the message in prayer, "Pare down! Let go of it; someone else may be able to use it."  Help me to heed you and follow you.  As you traveled village to village you had very little stuff.  I aspire to that, too. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment