Monday, September 14, 2015

Who am I to you?

"But who do you say that I am?"
Mark 8:29
 
I spent some time praying with yesterday's Gospel and this line jumped out at me; specifically, the word "you."  I remember learning that, in Spanish, there is a plural word for you, "ustedes."  Interesting, that in English "you" can be either singular or plural. This creates some confusion to the point that we have to make up a word for the plural you--like y'all or youse (yikes!) But, when I prayed with this, the word "you" was very singular.  "But who do you, heidi ann gainan, say that I am?"  Along with all people reading this Gospel yesterday, Jesus wanted my opinion!  That's a bit heady! "Who am I to you, heidi?"  And what is my response to Jesus?  And how will this change my life? What will this look like as I open the door to my office in a little while? That is where the rubber meets the road for all of us, Friends. How we answer that question indicates how we bring Jesus to a waiting world.  Who do YOU say Jesus is, this September Monday? And how will that affect your world this day?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment