Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Reason to be angry?

"Have you reason to be angry?"
Jonah 4:4
 
Yes! Did you see the way that car cut me off?
Yes! Did you hear what she said about me?
Yes! My boss won't give me a raise!
Yes! Our country is being taken over by immigrants and welfare recipients!
Yes! I don't have enough money/stuff/retirement savings!
Yes! Things are bad and getting worse!
Do you ever feel like people are simmering just under a full boil?  And what does God say to us? I have this picture of God saying, "How do you think I feel?"  What God asks of us is mercy.  God wants us to feel mercy for the guy who cuts us off, the gossipy neighbor, the boss who doesn't appreciate us.  God wants us to love and show mercy and kindness to the immigrant and the poor.  God knows we don't need anymore stuff and we should share what we have with those who have less.  God wants us to relax...in love...with God...and our fellow human beings.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment