Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Just hold fast to this...

"But, of course, God is still infinite, infinite love. Just hold fast to this--that it is out of infinite love that God performs this excruciatingly painful operation..."
Soren Kierkegaard, "Provocations: Spiritual Writings of Kierkegaard"

It seems like there are so many difficult things going on this week.  There was a young firefighter tragically killed in south central Idaho, my son told me about. My daughter's friend I shared with you about Monday. A dear paraprofessional I work with died suddenly last weekend. Not to mention all the fears and difficulties in our country and world right now.  Sometimes, I just feel overwhelmed with the hardness of it all.  My heart hurts. The temptation is to just give up, shake your fist at God and say, "Where the heck are you anyway?" The hard stuff can make us cynical and sad so easily. But that is when we need to sit down in the midst of Creation and soak in the infinite love that is God. I love the line "Just hold fast to this." That feels so right to me.  God is God. We are not. God loves more than we can even imagine in our little human hearts and we need to hold fast to that.  Today and always! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment