Sunday, May 22, 2016

The mysterious Trinity as found on a bench...

"Jesus said to his disciples, 'I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now...'"
John 16:12

If I could add to this verse, I would add, "But I will show you instead..."  I usually try to get to church quite a while before mass begins to sit in the quiet, read the readings, pray...stuff like that. Today when I got there early the music group was practicing and I just couldn't concentrate so I moved to the Adoration chapel.  That was lovely--until a group came in to recite the rosary. They were kind and invited me to join them, but it was quiet I was after so I set out to find some.  God just beckoned me to the Mary garden just outside the church.  God said, "Come out here with me...I want to show you the Trinity."  I sat there on a little bench and the warm sun was delightful.  I heard tiny birds making their song heard over the sound of traffic on 17th St. I felt a breeze blow by, reminding me of the Holy Spirit, blowing wherever it wills.  So there I had it, the Father beckoned me outside to enjoy the warm sun (S-o-n) and feel the breeze of the Spirit. It was all there. On the bench.  Jesus had much more to tell us but  maybe we just need to feel and experience it first-hand. I felt very blessed to be able to experience Trinity that way!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment