Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Every single soul...

"Ultimately, because we are all created in the image and likeness of God, every single soul on earth is deserving of our respect and consideration."
The Word Among Us

I really need to remember this when I'm driving behind someone with a terribly disparaging bumper sticker! I've seen some that just make me shudder, but, yesterday, I saw someone who didn't just have a ridiculing, horrible bumper sticker, he had painted the whole back of his truck to reflect his heinous message. As I sat behind him at a traffic light my anger bubbled up. It was so hard for me to think of this individual as a child of God...someone lovingly created in the image and likeness of God. But that is the message I am receiving today. We are all created in the image and likeness of God. Period. When I see something that offends me so, I need to pray for the person and try to see them as God sees them. It's not up to me to judge them. And, as God wants me to do this, God will help me if I just ask! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment