Friday, March 23, 2012

God-given tasks

"We seldom realize fully that we are sent to fulfill God-given tasks. We act as if we have to choose how, where, and with whom to live. We act as if we were simply dropped down in creation and have to decide how to entertain ourselves until we die. But we were sent into the world by God, just as Jesus was. Once we start living our lives with that conviction, we will know what we were sent to do."
Henri Nouwen, "Bread for the Journey: A Daybook of Wisdom and Faith"

That struck me as so incredibly wise this morning! I can look back in my life and see that decisions made were guided by God. At every turn, God was guiding my steps! So, I can look back with no regrets whatsoever, and only see the grace. Friends, I will be traveling to Bozeman, this weekend, for the Sisters of Charity regional Wisdom Gathering. The theme is Transformation--surely to be a wonderful time! Blessings on your weekend...remember Stations of the Cross tonight. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment