Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quit your diggin'!

"While we are busy with many things, we wonder if what we do makes any real difference."
Henri Nouwen, "Making All Things New: An Invitation to the Spiritual Life"

So, I've been told my dog, Tebow, digs holes in the backyard because he is bored. He doesn't have a job or a girlfriend or a bowling team, so he is bored and, thus, digs. We humans, just like our canine friends, need meaningful activity in our lives. This is where I feel I have been enormously blessed! I have the most wonderful job, where I meet wonderful people and, more often than not, I can help them. Very often, I have the opportunity to make a real difference, like Henri Nouwen says here. Sometimes, I don't appreciate it enough and surely, there are some days I rather be doing something else. But I chose this vocation (or God chose it for me) and I am gifted every day with the people I meet and the work I am blessed to do. Let's thank God today for the work we do. Let's realize that, no matter what our profession, God can work through our efforts and good can come of what we do. Let's not waste time digging holes in the yard, just because we are bored! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment