Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Darling God...

"Good morning, my Darling God!"
Gabrielle Bossis, mystic
 
I read a fascinating book while on retreat called, "Revelations of Women Mystics" by Jose de Vinck.  Women mystics of long ago were featured, as well as fairly recent mystics, such as Gabrielle Bossis, a French woman, who died in 1950. This morning, I went outside to turn the sprinkler on in the backyard.  I was captivated by the beauty of the pre-morning!  I grabbed my coffee and sat out there for awhile, and the first thought I had was "Good morning, my Darling God!"  (thank you , Ms. Bossis!)  It was so completely still out there and warm enough to be comfortable.  The night sky was just breaking up; it looked like a great marble-pattern tie-dye above the earth.  And the quiet!  Did I mention the blissful silence?  Sometimes we can try to orchestrate these moments of peace, but, other times, we must seize them when they happen--when we least expect them!  May your day be full of moments of peace and joy...and let's thank our Darling God! Love, heidi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment