Monday, August 26, 2013

Strong, not droopy!

"So strengthen your drooping hands and your weak knees. Make straight paths for your feet, that what is lame may not be disjointed but healed."
Hebrews 12:12-13

I chose this passage for Lectio Divina yesterday. During the process, you choose one word in the passage that jumps out at you--that speaks to you.  At first glance I chose the word "drooping," more for the fact that it looks funny in a scripture passage. But I ended up choosing "strengthen," instead.  I wanted to represent what I choose to do, not what I am hoping to avoid.  It's a Monday morning.  School is beginning for many and is just around the corner for others.  Summer life is ending and a new adventure awaits us in autumn.  It's only natural that we may feel our hands droop and our knees buckling into laziness, boredom or even just a lack of zeal for what we do.  I was given some very wise advice over the weekend, that the mundane, the routine, the day-to-day grind is where we meet Jesus.  We don't just meet Jesus in the exciting adventures.  We meet Jesus in the day to day.  So, I encourage you to read and re-read this scripture as you prepare for your last Monday in August, last Monday of summer, actually.  Emphasize the word "strength," for that is what God lovingly gives to us, each and every day!  Love, heidi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment