Friday, April 15, 2016

To see thee more clearly!

"Immediately things like scales fell from his eyes and he regained his sight."
Acts 9:18

We all can relate to the story of Saul on the road to Damascus, knocked to the ground, struck blind, his "Come to Jesus" moment, right? We may be thankful that our conversion wasn't quite so dramatic or debilitating or maybe we wish it had been? Anyway, where does this reading find us on a Friday in mid-April? At the suggestion of Pray-As-You-Go, I asked myself what to I need to see better this day? What are the scales on my eyes preventing me from seeing? That is so easy! I need to lose the scales to be able to see Jesus in the people I meet.  I need to see others more clearly, to appreciate them as beloved of God, as they are.  Each person I meet today is God's beloved.  Each person has something of God to share with me. The problem is I have trouble seeing and recognizing this fact.  Lord, I'm on my way to Damascus today (not really, I'm just going to work but you know what I mean!) I need the scales to fall from my eyes so I can see you clearly in those around me--especially those with whom I struggle.  Please improve my vision to help me see and appreciate You in them! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment